free website stats program Pirelli Tires 52% Off - gonna give these a try again | Harley Davidson Forums

Pirelli Tires 52% Off - gonna give these a try again

TQuentin1

Staff member
My '12 UC is coming up on 10K miles so I need to start thinking about replacement tires. The Dunlops on the bike now are OEM installed so that makes them close to 5 years old depending on the mfg. date. There is still plenty of tread on both the front and rear, so just keeping an eye on things now.

But, Motorcycle SuperStore is running a deal on Pirellis including the Night Dragons for the following:

PIRELLI - NIGHT DRAGON FRONT TIRE
0000-pirelli-night-dragon-front-tire-black-mcss.jpg

Color - Blackwall
Size - 130/80HB-17 TL
Sku #386441
Item Price: $127.29

PIRELLI - NIGHT DRAGON REAR TIRE
0000_Pirelli_Night_Dragon_Rear_Tire_--.jpg

Color - Blackwall
Size - 180/65B-16
Sku #386442
Item Price: $183.99

Tempting!

Cheers,

TQ

I've never used Pirelli tires but have heard they're good. Price looks to be pretty good as well.

The last 3 tires i've ordered were from Jake Wilson, good prices, quick shipping and shipping was free.
I believe they carry Pirelli too.

Jeff,

Will check them out. My biggest beef with MSS is that they will not pick tires that meet my requirements to be less than a year old (mfg. date) at the time I receive them. This has caused me to return tires in the past that do not meet that threshold.

Jake Wilson has this:

130/80B-17 (65H) Pirelli Night Dragon Front Motorcycle Tire
Part# 1291700010
Our Price: $122.88

180/65B-16 (81H) Pirelli Night Dragon Rear Motorcycle Tire

Fits: 2012 HARLEY-DAVIDSON® Electra-Glide Ultra Classic FLHT/C/U/I®
Part# 1291840014

Our Price: $171.88

Pretty good prices!!! Thanx.

Cheers,

TQ

Last edited:
Once apon a time I always fitted Pirelli tyres to my bike the phantom was reported to be the best fast bike tyre with lots of grip however only 3.5k miles from the rear however bike stable and secure at 140+ mph good grip on snow and ice
However these days I ride slower and have a current preference for avon tyres but would use Michelin or metzler also but Pirelli I would also consider I would have to do some research first before final tyre selection my main criteria is good grip in the wet

Brian

I totally agree with date of manufacture is important. I don't know if I got lucky using Jake Wilson or they sell so many tires that their inventory is up to date but my last 3 tires were produced well under a year from the date I purchased them.

Once apon a time I always fitted Pirelli tyres to my bike the phantom was reported to be the best fast bike tyre with lots of grip however only 3.5k miles from the rear however bike stable and secure at 140+ mph good grip on snow and ice
However these days I ride slower and have a current preference for avon tyres but would use Michelin or metzler also but Pirelli I would also consider I would have to do some research first before final tyre selection my main criteria is good grip in the wet

Brian

The video promo claims that they designed this Night Dragon for cruisers and with both wear and performance in mind. But I am sure every other mfg would make the same claim!!!

I had mounted a set of these on my '03 UC, but did not really get a chance to evaluate them before that bike was totalled in an accident with a cager. Oh well. Try again with this bike.

Cheers,

TQ

Last edited:
I watched the video yes typical sales pitch looked for an online review only found stuff in the US I want to know how well it works on our cold wet roads here I will do some more searching and see what I can find out

Brian

The last 3 tires i've ordered were from Jake Wilson, good prices, quick shipping and shipping was free.
I believe they carry Pirelli too.
You saved me a reply Jeff.
I purchased a set of tyres for my HP2 Megamoto in September, and EVEN with the freight costs and the disparity in our currencies, these were significantly cheaper than I could have purchased in Brisbane.
Plus, I paid on Sunday and they were at my door on Friday!

Back