free website stats program Pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Pipes

Gary D.

A few month's ago I bought my first Harley, so now I am wanting to think about putting pipes on her and I was looking for suggestions. I kind like the looks of the stock pipes where you have one over the other one and they are staggered at the end, if that makes any sense. Thanks!

A few month's ago I bought my first Harley, so now I am wanting to think about putting pipes on her and I was looking for suggestions. I kind like the looks of the stock pipes where you have one over the other one and they are staggered at the end, if that makes any sense. Thanks!

Search the forum here and you will find plenty of comments and vids. on just about all of the T.D. and slip-ons that are out there!!

check out vance and hines, the double barrel is cool. v and h always sounds good. good pipes for the money.

I put V&H slip ons on my Super Glide Custom. They didn't fit up very well, they were not straight and parallel because of the bracket on the bottom and the bracket was scraping on the ground. I finally took a rat tail file and elongated the holes in the bracket and they now fit perfect and look great. The bike was too loud with the V&H stock baffle, so I bouthe the quiet baffles and it still has plenty of sound, but much mellower. I had Harley do the download, but I wish I had bought an aftermarket unit. If money didn't matter I would put 2 into 1 pipes on. I like the look and supposedly the performance is better.

Everybody has pipes that they like better then other but I'm a Vance and Hines guy. I have them on my super glide and my dad has them on his fatboy.

The choice of pipes is the same as the choice of Harley's... People like different looks and different sounds! There is not a one for all.. do your homework and as already stated go to bike rallies and look around. Most bikers will be glad to start their bikes up for you to hear.

Gary,

I have a '91 Dyna (Sturgis), and wanted it LOUD. Put on drag pipes and it definitely is that. If you go with straight pipes, I strongly suggest putting in cones.

TQ

Ive got an 06 dyna with the V&H BIG SHOTS Staggered, outstanding quality and sound cant be beat.

Hey guys, thanks for the knowledge and tips about the choices on the pipes. Now I am faced with another question for you if I can. If I choose to add pipes, is this something I can do myself or should i take it to the dealer? I would like to think I am fairly mechanically incline and I put pipes on a shadow that I had a couple of years ago pretty easily. Also, will I be needing a fuel package or anything else to do this. I was at the dealer today just looking at some stuff and talked to them about pipes. They tell me that if I am looking at pipes say roughly around $600 or so and then I should plan on the total cost being somewhere around $1500.00. Help please?

Get yourself a set of D&D fat cat's. They will improve your HP & TQ. And they sound bad .:bigsmiley11: Don't let the dealer fool you. You can install your pipes yourself.. Don't for get to upgrade your air cleaner to a SE heavy breather. If you put a fuel managment on it then have someone remap it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back