free website stats program Pins on Vests | Harley Davidson Forums

Pins on Vests

What's Your Philosophy on Pins on Leather Vests?

• Leather vests look great anyway - don't ruin them with pins!

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Only add pins from places you have actually been on your bike.

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • It's just for fun - put as many darn pins on it as you want.

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I bought a few pins to put on my leather vest last year at Biketoberfest. I don't wear it that often but I thought it would be neat to start "customizing" it. Since then I've kind of gotten out of control and started buying pins everywhere I go (even when I'm not on the bike) because they're way cheaper than T shirts and they're kind of neat and unique.

I'm just curious what everyone's philosophy is about this. Should be interesting.

Originally I thought I'd do the t-shirt thing, but that gets expensive rather quickly. I'm with you. Do the pin thing! They are all unique and way more reasonable than a shirt.

Patches are fun too...

I started collecting pins wherever I went and now I have so many on my vest that when I put it on I fall on my face. :small3d031:

My plan is to get a piece of leather, glue it to some cork, frame it , hang it in the garage/ man cave and put the pins on it. :bigsmiley12:

I use to have plenty of pins from those places I actually have been to. But, then I felt like a lightening rod! Now I just wear a couple of pins that reflect the M/C that I belong to.
Ugly John

I have a number of pins on my vest from notable events that I have attended, although nowhere as many as most others that I see. I'm sure I'll accumulate a bunch more after a few more years.

I have quite a few pins, but only wear about 4 at a time on my vest. The rest, I have pined to a lanyard for around your neck, and it hangs on the back of my closet door. I also put a few on my hat.

I've got pins on my vest but only wear it to events. I have another vest I wear for day to day riding, when I actually wear it.

:bigsmiley12: Collect pins from racing events and pinned them on my (baseball type) hat(s) to hang'em up...if it went on my vest I'd be like Mainah and hurt myself. I have plenty of hats, and now that I have the Harley, I'll probably just start filling my "official HD" one.

Might as well bring the subject up...besides pins and T-shirts there are the sew on patches that you can pickup at events that should also be shown prominently...JMO stirring the pot as usual:42:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back