free website stats program picked up new RK yesterday. | Harley Davidson Forums

picked up new RK yesterday.

capnmwf

howdy all,
Well, after just 3 months, i traded in my 13' Heritage Classic for a 14' RoadKing. I rode the Heritage to Boerne last weekend (from Houston), about 5 hr. drive. In Boerne, which is in the heart of the Texas hill country, took the wife for 2 days of cruising. I came to the conclusion the Heritage wasn't what i wanted for longer trips, 2 up as this. The Heritage is a great bike, i would keep it if i wasn't going on multi day trips. I've only ridden the RK for 80 miles, but what a difference in freeway speed curves, WOW !!!! So much more stable, easier to
change direction in the middle of a turn, (if needed). great brakes, cruise, sweet bike. OH, i put on some Rhinehart slipons the day i brought it home, very nice sound. Sorry for the long post. be safe bros.

Congrats on the new ride........surprised you didn't ride one three months ago before buying the HC....or did ya? In any case you are now on what you should've bought in the first place........until you test ride an Ultra Classic :p

yea, i woulda' saved some $ if i had test rode one, but i was trying to get a "smaller" bike. At the time, the Heritage felt & fit relly good. Don't think i'm going any "bigger".

I love my RKC. Never thought I'd own one, being only 5'9". But I too went from HC to the King of the road. Now I know what I was missing.
Enjoy
WAP.gif

Congrats OP.

I can understand the trade. IMO, the RK is arguably the best lightweight tourer/cruiser that H-D offers. It's on my wish list as a second bike. Someday...

GL/Cheers,

B

YOU have made a GREAT Choice.....

I travel single and two up Both work well on the KING... My 09 was a good choice and the KINGS never change much from their early conception that I have noticed.

The frame and rear tire in 09 was HUGE...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Back