free website stats program photos of cb set up requested.... | Harley Davidson Forums

photos of cb set up requested....

flipper

Account Removed
Does anyone have photos of how the wiring is routed and connected, included placement of the noise reduction filter box, on a JMCB 2003-SL for a 2009 Heritage? Do you need to take the gas tank off? Thanks ahead of time.

I don't have any pictures but I put one on my 08 Heritage.

I never took my tank off or even lifted it. I just routed the cables as best I could by hand. It was a bit of a pain but it worked well.

The noise reduction filter I fitted under the chrome piece that follows the contour of the rider seat on the left side. I don't remember but I believe I came in from the bottom and once in place hooked up the wires.

I know thats not the best description but its all I've got. I hope it helps a little.

Thanks for the info. I have a couple of friends that I will wait on to help me get mine set up. When I do, I'll photograph it and share...............

Here is one image of the CB set up........

DSC07368.jpg

You can see placement of the noise filter box and 12v DC power cord. The white cord is the antenna cable before we pulled the slack out. We didn't lift the tank. Excess cords that gathered at the front end of the tank were coiled and secured with zip ties and put in the space behind the fork cover. It all worked pretty good, except that the mounting bracket that the company says is for a HD Heritage does not fit without you having to replace your mirror on the left. J&M was of NO help in this matter. My husband was able to make a spacer that helped to move the CB unit forward (my idea) so that the mirror is fine and usable. Now I just have to get the antenna tuned so that I can transmit. :small3d019:

And one more ....... This one you can see the red wire after being connected and taped.

DSC07369.jpg

Here is one image of the CB set up........

DSC07368.jpg

You can see placement of the noise filter box and 12v DC power cord. The white cord is the antenna cable before we pulled the slack out. We didn't lift the tank. Excess cords that gathered at the front end of the tank were coiled and secured with zip ties and put in the space behind the fork cover. It all worked pretty good, except that the mounting bracket that the company says is for a HD Heritage does not fit without you having to replace your mirror on the left. J&M was of NO help in this matter. My husband was able to make a spacer that helped to move the CB unit forward (my idea) so that the mirror is fine and usable. Now I just have to get the antenna tuned so that I can transmit. :small3d019:

Flipper, thanks for the pics. Do you have a link where you purchased the unit or can I google J&M? I would like to know what it would cost to hook it to my AutoCom unit.

Just google J&M audio. They'll be the first one to come up I think. I'm really not pleased with their customer service at all. They sold me a headset that I specifically requested would work with my HJC helmet, only to find out it would not..... AND I couldn't return it for a refund. I think you read also about the bracket not working and us having to modify the parts to make it fit without affecting the mirror. Not happy with them over all, but I think most folks on here have had decent success.

Just google J&M audio. They'll be the first one to come up I think. I'm really not pleased with their customer service at all. They sold me a headset that I specifically requested would work with my HJC helmet, only to find out it would not..... AND I couldn't return it for a refund. I think you read also about the bracket not working and us having to modify the parts to make it fit without affecting the mirror. Not happy with them over all, but I think most folks on here have had decent success.

I talked with J&M today and they were not to responsive when I told him I had an Autocom unit and wanted to know about their CB to talk with a CB on an Ultra. Their unit does not connect to the Autocom.

Back