free website stats program Phillips Light Bulbs | Harley Davidson Forums

Phillips Light Bulbs

glider

Veteran Member
Has anyone had as bad luck with the light bulbs this company makes as I have? (Phillips home lighting Bulbs)

I bought 6 of their spot light bulbs to use in my 3 motion sensor lights outside and after about 4 months the front glass lens falls off and breaks on the ground breaking into pieces on all of them. I got them in different stores so I doubt it could be an old stock.
The lens seems as if it is adhered with some sort of glue and that dries out and doesn't do the job it was intended to do in keeping the front of the bulb intact and in place. I also noticed that the regular bulbs they make for lamps have a VERY short life span too and require replacement.

I have sent the company 2 emails that I received confirmation for and no reply in almost 2 weeks now even thou they say they will reply within 4 days in the confirmation email.

I tried a GE flood light bulb and they are made much better in that the glass lens is an integral part of the bulb unlike the other Phillips bulbs that are glued on.

Looks like Phillips has lost a customer not only because of their crummy products but lack of a reply and caring about a problem with their product.

Too bad Phillips!

I have used Phillips in the past with no problems.

We tried a couple of GE clear bulbs in some ceiling fans and they didn't last long. I assume they were not suited for the vibration.

We have been using the Walmart brand (taking the cheap route) of late.

That's surprising!! Usually any company would want to try and resolve any issue within a reasonable amount of time. We use mostly GE, Phillips and Sylvania with almost no difference in quality. Sometimes, you just get a bad batch. But if that's the way Phillips want to deal with their customers, then that's what they get... a lost customer.

Has anyone had as bad luck with the light bulbs this company makes as I have? (Phillips home lighting Bulbs)

I bought 6 of their spot light bulbs to use in my 3 motion sensor lights outside and after about 4 months the front glass lens falls off and breaks on the ground breaking into pieces on all of them. I got them in different stores so I doubt it could be an old stock.
The lens seems as if it is adhered with some sort of glue and that dries out and doesn't do the job it was intended to do in keeping the front of the bulb intact and in place. I also noticed that the regular bulbs they make for lamps have a VERY short life span too and require replacement.

I have sent the company 2 emails that I received confirmation for and no reply in almost 2 weeks now even thou they say they will reply within 4 days in the confirmation email.

I tried a GE flood light bulb and they are made much better in that the glass lens is an integral part of the bulb unlike the other Phillips bulbs that are glued on.

Looks like Phillips has lost a customer not only because of their crummy products but lack of a reply and caring about a problem with their product.

Too bad Phillips!

Have had bad luck with Phillips (breaking, and short life) in the past. I use Sylvania, and have had good results. :cheers

I've had very good luck with GE appliances and bulbs. I guess Phillips lost a customer. :unsure

It's been 3 weeks now that I have been contacting Phillips about the bulbs and all I get is the confirmation email that they received my email and will get back to me in 4 business days.

:lolrolling

Looks like there will be no more phillips bulbs in my future from a company that will not even answer the email or address a problem.

I think these companies are slow to realize the damaging publicity that they get with the power of the internet

That was my closing statement when I emailed them :D

"The internet is a very valuable tool in situations like this."

Have you tried contacting their North American headquarters? Someone there might be interested in the lack of response you are receiving from their so-called customer service.

Philips United States
Philips Electronics North America
3000 Minuteman Road
M/S 109
Andover, MA 01810
(800) 223-1828

Thanks for that info, I'm calling them now.:D

EDIT:
Just got off the phone with them at another number they gave me that handled the consumer lighting.

They are sending me a full refund for the bulbs :D

Here's the number for the lighting section if anyone needs it.

1-800-555-0050

Thanks for the information Steve!

Last edited:
Back