free website stats program performance of loud/quiet slip-ons | Harley Davidson Forums

performance of loud/quiet slip-ons

2008 flhtcu, amsoil 20/50,hd+,spectro 6-spd, thanks to help on this site. Now i'm ready for stg 1 : se a/c with k&n filter,tfi (gen 2 ?) and not sure which slip-ons yet. My question is say I go with Rush, is there a performance differance from 1.5" to 2", do 2" breath easier? Would it differ enough to notice? Also with a crossover does the left/rear scavange side get a larger or smaller baffle? Great forum, thanks to all

No such thing as stupid questions here! Maybe noone knew the answer to your questions. I'd call Rush directly and ask someone there.

2008 flhtcu, amsoil 20/50,hd+,spectro 6-spd, thanks to help on this site. Now i'm ready for stg 1 : se a/c with k&n filter,tfi (gen 2 ?) and not sure which slip-ons yet. My question is say I go with Rush, is there a performance differance from 1.5" to 2", do 2" breath easier? Would it differ enough to notice? Also with a crossover does the left/rear scavange side get a larger or smaller baffle? Great forum, thanks to all

2007 flhtc mobil1 v-twin oil but otherwise the same set up as you. I went with the rush slipons w/ 2 inch baffles and yes I did see a increase in performance. I would say that it is 7-10 miles per hour as each gear has alittle more to it. I love the set up. The sound is not too loud but yet if you get on it it does have a bark.

thanks doc and sharpscuba. I'll try to make my questions a little more intelligent, but by then I wont think I need to ask ! I have a TFI & se ac still in their boxes but little money. If I install TFI it would be the time to also insall ac. Is this ok with the stock mufflers for now? I can wait or buy some low-end (cheap) slip-ons from local indy.

you can install TFI anytime you want, with or without any other mods. as a matter of fact you should of gotten a set of instructions with two settings for your bike, one is if you leave the bike stock and the other settings are if you upgrade to stage 1. I have an 08 FLHTC (same as yours minus xtra lights, cb and intercom). I am currently running it stock with a TFI. However, I will be installing a set of my old SEII slip ons shortly and eventually will put a hi flow breather on it.

thanks doc and sharpscuba. I'll try to make my questions a little more intelligent, but by then I wont think I need to ask ! I have a TFI & se ac still in their boxes but little money. If I install TFI it would be the time to also insall ac. Is this ok with the stock mufflers for now? I can wait or buy some low-end (cheap) slip-ons from local indy.

Yes I would install both now. It is not hard to go back and retune when you get the pipes.Buying the cheap pipes now would be money wasted IOM.

thanks for your reply sharpscuba, thats what I thought but just need to verify. I'll install TFI & stg 1 ac and sit around listening to exhausts. Overwhelming trying to decide on simple slip-ons! Got nothin but time though.

I put the TFI on my stock 09 RG. Then 3 weeks later added a Big Sucker intake and adjusted the TFI. Then a month later, added my V&H mufflers and did a slight adjustment again to the TFI. It was no problem at all and that is what I love about the TFI.

Hey Pipereefer, I'm going to jump in here and just give my $.02. If you want performance and don't mind loud or enjoy loud, gut any mufflers you have and put BigCityThunder baffles in the head pipes. I just did this and here is the discussion if interested
Rinehart Slip Ons on a 2009 FLHX - Harley Davidson Community
The power that it has now compared to stock, Rinehart slip ons with and with out the baffles and now with just straight pipe and BigCityThunder baffles is amazing.

Back