free website stats program Pciii Rocks!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Pciii Rocks!!

Scubadog

Banned
Well, I gotta say that the PCIII ROCKS!!! Now I know there are a lot of other fuel management options out there so I ain’t say’n the PCIII is the best. But in MHO it is the cats pajama’s. My 08 Ultra just hasn’t been “right” since I put on the Rinehart TD’s, Ness Big Sucker and the PCIII. I wasn’t hip to this forum when I bought the set-up so I wasn’t aware of the pro’s at Fuel Moto. Sounds like Jamie would have saved me some grief. Anyway, installed the works and the PCIII came with a canned map. Bike ran OK, but had some decal pop and a few other issues. Been thinking about a Dyno but then today figured screw that, I’ll go ahead and do some tweaking. Called John at Power Commander and got a few tips along with a PDF e-mail on dealing with decel pop. Popped the right side cover and hooked up to my laptop in the garage. Re-loaded the latest and greatest map for my TD and AC setup. Then fired it up and followed the instructions. Couldn’t have been any easier and just totally awesome to sit with my laptop while the bike was running and make adjustments. I finally found the PERFECT set up. The only difference from the suggested PCIII map was to go to the zero percent column in both fuel tables and change the +5 value to +10 from 2000rpm all the way up to 6500rpm. Can’t believe the difference! It’s like I have a whole new bike. Anyway, not sayin PCIII is the best because I know that’s a whole nuther subject. Just wanted to pass along a totally positive experience with a great product that is really simple to understand and use. My 02.

Ok. I see your point and thanks for the tip. For now I'm a happy camper and the $400 bucks will buy me a boatload of Corona's, plus my repair manual and Proto torque wrench from e-bay just showed up today. Just wrapped up my 1000K service at the dealer. Nice people but I'm think'n my ride will never go under the roof of the dealer again. Well, maybe a Dyno someday. Guess I'm already head'n down the path!

Yeah the Power Commander is the Bomb. It has so many adjustments. I have used the PC on my previous bikes and it is awesome. Only problem is the fee for the Dyno. Last bike cost me $350 for a dyno tuned PC. Fuel Moto is awesome that they provide a specific map for the bikes. It may not be exact as all bikes differ slightly but I am sure it is good enough, at least to warrant not spending $350 on a dyno.

Now if PC can release their PCV so I can put my pipes and intake on my '09 I'll be happy.

Back