free website stats program passing light not working | Harley Davidson Forums

passing light not working

RUSHMORE_14

Ok, I changed out the lenses from stock to smoked. Also changed bulbs from clear to amber. They all worl except the right side front. Even when I put the original bulb back in, it didnt work. Should I just try another bulb ...is there a specific bulb I should be putting ing there?
Dont know what direction to go.

See if by exchanging assembly that the ground is no longer grounded at right socket. And also check prongs in socket that they are making proper contact to bulb.

It is possible that aftermarket bulbs can be install incorrectly and it can happen easily or the bulb is not manufactured properly . It will sometimes distort socket so that contact hits wrong place and is light is lit all the time... Might be why the OE bulb is not working properly also... Usually spring loaded contacts at base of socket get hung up and touches both prongs on bulb....

Ok, I changed out the lenses from stock to smoked. Also changed bulbs from clear to amber. They all worl except the right side front. Even when I put the original bulb back in, it didnt work. Should I just try another bulb ...is there a specific bulb I should be putting ing there?
Dont know what direction to go.

At this point I'd use a volt/ohm meter to find out if there is power and ground getting to the lamp and to ohm out the bulb to see if it's good.
If you have power and ground getting the lamp then you may have a defective bulb. If the bulb ohms out OK then I'd look at the connector to see if there is an issue with the pins or wiring. If you don't have a Volt/Ohm meter then get one. It will come in handy foe many other projects as well.

Don't feel bad, it can happen to anyone. Glad you found the problem.

Back