free website stats program Passing Lamp Visors | Harley Davidson Forums

Passing Lamp Visors

Steve Di.

I bought and installed a set of passing lamp visors and a head lamp visor. The parts guy at my HD dealership told me I would have to buy a different mounting ring in order to install the visors on the passing lamps. He claimed guys have cracked the glass on the lamps when attempting to install the visors using the stock mounting rings. The only problem I saw was the original bolts were too short. I bought longer stainless steel bolts and was able to secure the ring and visor to the lamp.

Did any of you run into the same issue?

Last edited:
I had looked at the different visors and I went with the ones that are one piece and you do away with the original ring,just liked the look better

43402783.JPG

Some of the half style visors do require a different ring to install them. I've run across that a few times. The one piece like Steve has replace the entire bezel on the light and look better too.

I agree. The one-piece visor and mounting ring do look better.

Although I was able to mount the stock ring with the visor attached, I ordered the modified mounting rings and will replace the stock rings. I would hate to return to the parts counter with my tail between my legs and a cracked bulb in my hand.:wall

Steve,

What color blue and silver is that bike? I will be getting a 2010 sometime in the future and if they carry that color I think I really like it.

Dave

Trek,

My Heritage is two-tone Cherry Black and Black Pearl. It was a popular color in 2005.

Hopefully this picture will give you a better look at the color.

Attachments

• 2005 Heritage With Mods 2009-10 (Medium).JPG
    2005 Heritage With Mods 2009-10 (Medium).JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 55
Thanks for the pic Steve but I was actually talking about Steve07 not that yours doesn't look nice or anything.

Thanks Smitty,

I've seen that thread and was wondering if it was the flame blue pearl/brilliant silver?

Steve,

What color blue and silver is that bike? I will be getting a 2010 sometime in the future and if they carry that color I think I really like it.

Dave

The colors are cobalt/pewter pearl and I don't think they have been offered since 07

Back