free website stats program Passenger Pillion Ideas | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger Pillion Ideas

izzy77

New on the forum here. My boyfriend and I are on a 2007 Deluxe. We put on the Touring Paessenger Pillion (HD part #52930-05) and I am not real happy with it. I dont like that it's basically flat and I find myself sliding forward a lot. I'm looking for a seat that is more "concaved" or someting to that effect. Obviously we like the style of our bike and would like to chnage just the passenger seat but if it means that we are BOTH comfortable then he is open to chnaging his seat too.. Mustang has a PAssenger Pillion that, I think, was pretty comfrtable when I tried it but it doesn't fit with the stock riders seat, you have to buy they riders seat also, sounds like a racket to sell more seats, if you ask me and at almost $600 to change both seats when ideally we want to change just one, that's a hard pill to swallow. Any ideas/help? thanks.

Welcome to the forum Izzy77.
Thinking you could take the seat pan to an upolster and they could add foam to reshape seat. They also sell gel or bead seat covers but doesn't have the "stock" look.
Or you can go to a rally or poker run and see some other bikes and sit on them to find what you like and go from there.

Welcome to the forum Izzy. The previous idea about sitting on some seats is a good one. There are many seats available for the Deluxe, and I think the Heritage seats also fit. Search through some on line catalogs or ebay (keyword softail seats) to see what is available and what appeals to you both.

A less expensive alternative is to clip on a sheepskin and gel pad...it was a quick fix and protects the existing seat...

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

I have had good experience with the "Genuine Sheepskin Cover" by American Motorcycle Specialties. It has rubber coated metal hooks w/Velcro backed nylon webbing straps that grip under the seat and lip. The Memory Foam w/ 3/4" Gel pad works great, the sizes are 11"L x 7"W one for the pillion #18000 and there are other sizes. The website is Motorcycle Gel Seat Pads, Covers, Seat covers & Tie-Downs or call 1-800-710-7237...cost is about $75-$95.

Thank you for the idea. I actually sat on one of these at Street Vibrations this past year.. Felt nice on the seat,but wasnt sure how it would feel once I was on it for a few hours.. I may actually try this first before buying a new seat.. It seems logical before spending a butt load for a whole new contraption..:D

Thank you all for all the great ideas ! Oh and by the way it wasnt all that easy to get him to think about changing his seat completly if we have to :) He just knows how much I love to ride !! I actually just told him we should buy another bike for farther traveling! Does that make me crazy?? I am actually always looking at new ones every time I am at the store or online! Dont get me wrong I absoooltuley love ours now!! But a new bike is always FUN !! Thanks again and let the ideas keep coming!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful, thinking like that izzy77 will have the guys here asking if you have a sister...LOL:s Hmmm a new bike for the new year...not too much of a stretch...better sign off before my gal smacks me on the side of the head, to snap me out of my dream state!:shock

Back