free website stats program Passenger Footboard Mounts ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger Footboard Mounts ?

JORENO

Harley Davidson Foorboard Kit 50602-00
Passenger footboard mounts, Qty 2., How do you determine the LH mount from the RH mount. One is 1/2 inch shorter. I kinda feel like both mounts stick out too far.

I can only assume that the shorter bracket would go on the left due to the offset in the swingarm on that side. I just want to make sure.

I can only assume that the shorter bracket would go on the left due to the offset in the swingarm on that side. I just want to make sure.

I installed the shorter mount on the left, longer on the right. On the bracket they are hexagon shaped with a notch for screw clearance. I pushed each footrest on each hexagon completely. Marked where the bolt went, then cut new notches in the hex. This brought the footrest in an extra 1/2" on each side. The footboards (folded down) still extend out 4" on each side further, than the original footpegs did. All I know now, is that is to machine the bracket down to get the footboards in closer.
This was not a good HD design. Small Wings!

Last edited by a moderator:
on my 07 flstc only one would fit the sidewhere its different [because one side had a nut/washer combo vs the head of the bolt]

Back