free website stats program passenger board vibration 02 road king | Harley Davidson Forums

passenger board vibration 02 road king

edsstuff57

I have an 02 classic Road King and it has a nasty vibration in the rt passinger foot board. They ar Kur boards. I removed the boards cleaned all the surfaces and used lock tite and put it back togethet. It still vibrates on the rt side sol bad that my girl will not ride more than 45 min without havinng to stop to get the feeling back in her foot. Can someone tell me what may be th problem. thanks ED

I have an 02 classic Road King and it has a nasty vibration in the rt passinger foot board. They ar Kur boards. I removed the boards cleaned all the surfaces and used lock tite and put it back togethet. It still vibrates on the rt side sol bad that my girl will not ride more than 45 min without havinng to stop to get the feeling back in her foot. Can someone tell me what may be th problem. thanks ED
I'd check a coupla things, 1) Is the board touching the exhaust? If it is, move it. 2) Is the front motor mount in good shape and tight? If not tighten it or replace it.
Good luck.

If you can't find any bad motor mounts or loose bolts. Check your exhaust really well. It could be the rubber mounts at the rear muffler hangers. Or the exhaust is binding against them. They should be about neutral tension at the back mounts. I had the same problem and that was my issue.

Back