free website stats program pass. foot peg help | Harley Davidson Forums

pass. foot peg help

jtrain09

Hey guys, im runnin an 09 train and the wife keeps meltin the heel of her boot to the pipe. Im lookin for something to the effect of a flip out heelrest for the right side peg. Cant really find anything like that though. Any ideas on a product thats not real intrusive to keep this from happening? Dont really want a floorboard as it doesnt really go with the look of the bike. Any suggestions at this point are welcome. Thanks in advance.

You might have already checked here but I would try....

1. jpcycles.com
2. the harley davidson site

Same problem, melted boot sole on pipes, went to Foot Board kit and modified it to stop boot from hitting pipe or muffler.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

You can buy stirrups for most foot pegs from J&P or you can get the switchblade by Kuryakyn with the heel support that hides in the peg when your not using them. You could also look at the Kuryakyn wing mini boards.

Modification of Foot Board photos.

The left is done to keep foot off primary case.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Attachments

• IMG_1104 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1104 (Medium).JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1105 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1105 (Medium).JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1106 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1106 (Medium).JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 42
Very tastefully done! Looks factory (OR BETTER!) Nice to see such craftsmanship.
One of my friends (a non-biker) was quizzing me the other day :"Why is it, everytime a bike rides into the bar parking lot, all the other guys on bikes descend on it like it is fresh roadkill to crows and spend so much time pointing, and kneeling, and stroking their chins?" Your kind of craftsmanship and ingenuity is the perfect answer to his question! :s

Until you find a remedy the easiest way to get the burnt rubber of is to wait until it cools then take a single edged razor blade and lightly scrape it off. You will be surprised how easy it comes off.

Kinda wonder why HD after all these years did not figure out how our Metric counterparts can keep their chrome pipes chrome...very simple, the exhaust pipes are encased by a second slightly larger pipe, the trapped air acts as an insulator...result no blued/gold pipes and very rarely melted rubber/vinyl will stick...ahh it must be just me thinking again.

Hobbit has the answer, retail therapy is easier than fabrication...though ELEFT fabrication is pure genius...!

Thanks for the input ill check in on these things. As far as cleaning the melted stuff off the pipe i use easy off oven cleaner. Follow the directions on the can and it works great. No issues thus far.

Back