free website stats program parade duty | Harley Davidson Forums

parade duty

hey guys have not posted for a while but do have a question . friend of mine has a 2010 trike says that with a few pushes of the right buttons on handle bars he can make it drop a cylinder for slow traffic ridin or parade duty . i have a 07 ultra and wondered if it can do this also? I do a few pardes a year for Rolling Thunder of iowa and bike runs extrmley hot on hot days !! and i cook also an ides would be deeply appreciated .

YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN POW/MIA

It's the EITMS (Engine Idle Temp Management System). Commonly called "Parade Mode". It can be enabled/disabled. When the bike is idling, it automatically cuts power to the rear cylinder when a certain temp is reached (not sure exactly what that is) and can be temporarily disabled if you blip the throttle -- get above idle.. If you have it it will be referenced in your owners manual.

I believe he can "Enable" the feature of parade mode but can not actually turn it on at will. Is that what you are referring to.?

I believe he can "Enable" the feature of parade mode but can not actually turn it on at will. Is that what you are referring to.?

I don't believe the bike can be made to go into "Parade Mode" at will -- it is automatic. Like you said, the function can be enabled/disabled.

Tim, I may be wrong but I think on the 2007 you need a SEST or dealership tool to enable. OP is correct about 2010 Trike, but don't think he will be able enable using buttons on bars for a 2007..

only at idle speed less than 3 mph 288 head temp i believe,,,

So, it is checking 3 inputs: idle speed, m/c speed, and temp. Wasn't aware of the m/c speed check but it makes sense. Otherwise it wouldn't be called "Parade Mode" :). Thanks.

Tim, I may be wrong but I think on the 2007 you need a SEST or dealership tool to enable. OP is correct about 2010 Trike, but don't think he will be able enable using buttons on bars for a 2007..

I think you're 100% correct! Assuming the 07 is even set up for it.

do appreciate the info will have to ask harley about it for the tool . would be handy for sure drop back cyl. off while idling in formation thanks guy's ,Tim

Back