free website stats program Panoptics vs. Wiley X | Harley Davidson Forums

Panoptics vs. Wiley X

TCSTD

Account Removed
I was thinking about getting some glasses that change according to the amount of light that there is and i've seen these 2 and was wondering if anybody has anything good/bad to say about them? I was also thinking about getting one of these with perscription lenses so I don't have to always wear my goggles over my glasses when I ride. I like that fact that these also come in impact resistant lenses. Thanks

I've got 2 different pair of the WileyX, and really like them. My wife really likes her Panoptix, but I felt they didn't fit me as well as the Wileys. I tried the light adjustable lenses, but didn't feel they got dark enough for the Texas sun.

I have some WileyX transition sunglasses. Really like them. My only complaint is just what TXMikey said, they don't get a dark a I would like. I carry some dark "regular" sunglasses to use if I'm heading into the setting sun.

I'll jump on the same bandwagon - transition lenses don't get dark enough on a bright, sunny day. I tried the Panoptix and currently have the non-transition Wiley's. Basically, I've evolved into buying the cheapest, darkest, shatterproof glasses I can find.

I have a pair from bikersades ($44) and I think the work well for the price. Check them out!

I purchased 4 pair of wiley x for 25.00 a piece from a Heartland America catalogue...maybe 2 years ago. The magazine is one of these things stuffed in your mailbox with everything under the sun in them...alot of garbage but look through it and you may find these kind of deals. They all came with the hard case, dark and clear snap in lenses and a strap for the head. I love these things as they dont bounce or come of at high speeds if you turn your head sideways. Best of all they were a bargain. You may try calling Heartland to see if they have any hanging out in there warehouse. I am not familiar with panoptics so I cant speak to them.

Lots of Wiley's on Ebay - seems like a lot of military addresses. Maybe they're issued them and if they don't require them, they turn around and sell them?

Panoptix got sued by WileyX and had to pay a lot of money for copying their patent which is a no no. Now everytime they sell glasses they still pay a royalty fee to WileyX.. I am also a WileyX dealer and have never had anyone come back saying the transition lenses don't get dark enough. Beware if you buy a pair of WileyX on ebay as the warranty will not be honored by WileyX as they do not allow the dealers to sell at these discount sites.

Last week my Optometrist's assistant talked me out of getting transition/progressive lenses and strongly recommended "plain" Wiley X's. I have been using Wiley X's for years and have no complaints.

Back