free website stats program Panama City | Harley Davidson Forums

Panama City

01 rk

Heading for Fl. on April 16th, planning on going to Leesburg, then up to Panama City our home base will be Ocala. We have been to Leesburg several times but never Panama City , is it worth the 300 mile ride up there.
Thanks

Leesburg is a great event and is always well done. The only problem is it is getting bigger every year. They have tried to spread it out but it is still very congested. The event in Panama City has some of the same problems and is even in a smaller area. There are not as many riding roads but if you like the bike events Panama City is OK. The ride there from Ocala up through the panhandle across 98 is worth the ride. Be sure to take the road into Jena across the bridge into Steinhatchee then up the coast through Keayton Beach and it comes back to 98 just south of Perry. Lots of places to stop for a cold one or food. On 98 in Mexico Beach be sure to stop at Toucans for the great food. Ride safe.

Aint been to Panama City yet maybe this year, Don is right he and I have been to Leesburg, Don is a great guy to ride with

Thanks Jack, it's always great when we get to ride together. BTW the checks in the bank and I found the other heated vest.​

Leesburg is a great event and is always well done. The only problem is it is getting bigger every year. They have tried to spread it out but it is still very congested. The event in Panama City has some of the same problems and is even in a smaller area. There are not as many riding roads but if you like the bike events Panama City is OK. The ride there from Ocala up through the panhandle across 98 is worth the ride. Be sure to take the road into Jena across the bridge into Steinhatchee then up the coast through Keayton Beach and it comes back to 98 just south of Perry. Lots of places to stop for a cold one or food. On 98 in Mexico Beach be sure to stop at Toucans for the great food. Ride safe.

My plan is to take US 27 up to Perry and pick up 98 and follow it to Panama City. Is this the route you are referring to?

Thanks Jack, it's always great when we get to ride together. BTW the checks in the bank and I found the other heated vest.​
You bet, I am sending that vest to my brother Jeff it will fit his wife Cheryl

My plan is to take US 27 up to Perry and pick up 98 and follow it to Panama City. Is this the route you are referring to?
That's the one. The only change I had was taking 358 west just north of Cross City and picking up 361 north in Jena. 361 is a great ride up the coast through Steinhatchee, Keaton Beach, Dekle Beach and then back to 27A/98 just south of Perry. It's nice riding and not much traffic and several nice watering holes along the way.

For those interested in the event in Panama City here are the dates for the Spring Rally:

http://thunderbeachproductions.com/rally-info/rally-dates.html

Last edited by a moderator:
its a alright rally we went every yr to the spring event from 2010 to 2014 lots to see if you like rallies but most all vendors are the same from all the other rallies.not a lot of chain restaurants but still a lot of good places to eat.Angelo steakhouse is a must try if you go,biggest problem we had for food was for breakfast and if you dont like a lot of noise at night i would suggest staying of the strip, we always stayed at hampton inn in pier park or the one just on the out skirts of town.if you like the night life Ms.Newbys and whiskey saloon have some good entertainment.we saw david allen coe and ky. headhunters along with other good local bands .switched it up last yr went back to myrtle beach guess we going back mb this spring,it is really coming back there if you like that area.

Back