free website stats program Painted Inner Fairing question. | Harley Davidson Forums

Painted Inner Fairing question.

Mongo1958

A friend of mine has a painted inner fairing. He told me that he regrets getting it because it's a red flag to a prospective buyer that the bike was in an accident.

Is that true? I would not jump to this conclusion. I can understand upgrading if there is an accident but to infer an accident due to a painted fairing???? :)

To me that is misinformation. If a bike is customized and has a painted fairing so be it. I can not envision what, would not cause a bike to be totaled where the inner fairing was damaged in a accident, and would just be painted to cover that damage up.

There are many bike owners who have expensive custom inner fairings, some are covered in wood grain others custom painted to resemble wood grain, color change, marble finish and etc.
I see it more as a choice to improve the bike or trike.

I think it makes a nice addition especially the the chrome accents if a person is worried they can check the bike with the carfax equivalent.

IMO, the MOCO should have painted them from the factory, never much cared for the black on my FLHT

The last thing that I would even think about was that the bike was in an accident. A buddy I ride with has a painted inner fairing and I must say it really compliments his bike and sets it apart from the others. IMO inner fairings that are painted look sharp when done right.

A friend of mine has a painted inner fairing. He told me that he regrets getting it because it's a red flag to a prospective buyer that the bike was in an accident.

Is that true? I would not jump to this conclusion. I can understand upgrading if there is an accident but to infer an accident due to a painted fairing???? :)

Using that logic would make any upgrade suspect to accident damage.

Painting the inner fairing is one of the ways to set your bike out in a crowd. Like Jack said I think they sould come from factory color matched. I would never think that the bike had been in an accident.

I think it is kind of silly to think that if it is painted it means they are trying to hide something. That is kind of like saying they have a custom paint job on a bike because it was wrecked. I think the inner fairing should come painted.

Back