free website stats program Paint To Match? | Harley Davidson Forums

Paint To Match?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I've been thinking about getting a detachable tour pack for longer trips on my 2008 Street Glide. Even going through Zanotti's it would be around $800 for the tour pack and the quick detach hardware. I've seen a couple deals on Ebay and Craig's List for used ones but they're not the same color as my bike. Can I pick up some spray paint at my dealer to get the pack to match my bike? I know it wouldn't look as nice as just buying new but I probably would only use the pack a couple times a year so it doesn't have to be a perfect match and I'd love to save some dough.

Any thoughts?

Try this guy he has a shop that does body work on Harley's and has most factory paint in stock

Ship parts to: Todd Spencer Enterprises, 1008 County Road 500, Bayfield, CO 81122

970-769-3226 Cell, for quotes

I look forward to you contacting me with your paint questions, or if you need a new or used Harley, give me a call too!

IMO once you have the tour pack you will use it more. I once thought I would not use mine much, now I wonder why I bother with the detachble.
As for rattle can paint I do not think it would be even close. HD paint is expensive from what I am told.
800 is not bad and the tour pack done right will add value when you trade or sell if done right .
Other option is finding one of those leather covered ones used blacl leather goes with anything.

Smitty,

In my heart, I was thinking the same thing - nothing is going to look as good as the factory job, especially if I do it with a "rattle can" as you call it. I guess I was just hoping there would be an easy solution.
I've seen a couple pictures of bikes mixing the hard saddlebags with leather tour packs and, IMO only, it just doesn't look right. If I found a really sweet deal on a leather one I guess I'd have to rethink my position on that.
For now, I'll have to decide if the expense is justified to get a factory painted, matching pack or just wait a while.

Back