free website stats program P&A fuse blows | Harley Davidson Forums

P&A fuse blows

nascar7613

2005 Ultra. The P&A fuse blows immediately when I turn the ignition switch on. I have looked at wiring diagrams, and it looks like the culprit is probably the acc switch on the dash panel, but before I take that apart, I wanted to see if anyone here has had the same problem and what the solution was. Thanks

2005 Ultra. The P&A fuse blows immediately when I turn the ignition switch on. I have looked at wiring diagrams, and it looks like the culprit is probably the acc switch on the dash panel, but before I take that apart, I wanted to see if anyone here has had the same problem and what the solution was. Thanks

Well it's either that OR some load item (or shorted wire) on the dash linked to the switch OR do you have any accessories plugged into the P&A plug under the seat ?

BTW which side of Orlando do you live on ?

Sorry for the delay for the reply, got busy yesterday. There is an extra set of rear lights connected to the plug, but I disconnected that before testing. I cant see where the switch is being used to work anything. Seems like its the switch.

I live in south Orlando in the Pine Castle area. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay for the reply, got busy yesterday. There is an extra set of rear lights connected to the plug, but I disconnected that before testing. I cant see where the switch is being used to work anything. Seems like its the switch.

Well if the switch ain't too expensive guess it's as good a place to start as any. Just kinda concerns me that it blows when the switch is turned on. It is possible that the switch toggle is grounding out when turned to the on position, I don't have a touring bike so don't have any idea what kind of switch that is (rocker or toggle ?) , but is there any way you can get at it to see about where it might be touching when turned on?

I live in south Orlando in the Pine Castle area. I have a bike shop on Oak Ridge Rd called Cycle Performance Center. Stop by and introduce yourself sometime. Thanks.

Hey that sounds like a winner. I've got some stuff goin on right now so it won't be in the near future, but I have a cousin lives up in that area. I think he lives on Lake Conway. I live north of Lakeland. I used to work in Orlando a couple of years (many years ago) on some high rise construction. In fact I was born there in 1950, moved away when I was 5 though. I know that Kirkman road, Oak Ridge area pretty good. Get up to that Bass Pro shop every now and again.

You sell accessories there at your shop?

Back