free website stats program OxyClean in the gas tank? | Harley Davidson Forums

OxyClean in the gas tank?

mrs2cool

I recently met a Stortster rider who told me he uses OxyClean in his gas tank. He says it Oxygenates the gas helps keep the carburator, plugs and everything else clean, and stops that anoying sputtering,popping thing that all Sportsters do. Has anyone ever heard of this(or done it)?My husband thought it sounded crazy,but just thought I'd ask.

I recently met a Stortster rider who told me he uses OxyClean in his gas tank. He says it Oxygenates the gas helps keep the carburator, plugs and everything else clean, and stops that anoying sputtering,popping thing that all Sportsters do. Has anyone ever heard of this(or done it)?My husband thought it sounded crazy,but just thought I'd ask.

Maybe being that he was a "Stortster rider" that's why he used it?:D

I wouldn't put anything like that in the tank. No telling what results you may get when it contacts the parts in the system. Possible he was pulling your leg?

I swear He wasn't lying,but no I didn't try it. It sounded pretty far fetched, but so do alot of things I've heard over the years. Thanks for all your answers and for not beating me up too badly for asking.

You guys don't think Billy Mays would sell a product that's harmful to a motorcycle engine do you? Just look at that face....

billy_oxyclean.jpg

:worthy He's my hero! :lolrolling

Yea , I'm going to try that Oxy Clean thing in my Fatboy just as soon as I use up my Tide with bleach and Snuggle. :newsmile062:

Yea can't beat Tide. Bike runs quieter and cooler since I went to olive oil for the engine and primary too but need to change the bacon grease in the tranny soon. :newsmile100:

Back