free website stats program Owner history of my used 2001 Heritage | Harley Davidson Forums

Owner history of my used 2001 Heritage

I bought a used 2001 FLSTC from National Powersports in NH back in December. I didn't write down the name of the previos owner on the title. I was wondering if there was some way to find out the history of this bike?

Attachments

• DSCF2689.jpg
    DSCF2689.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF2687.jpg
    DSCF2687.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Several years ago when I bought my '99 Ultra, I wanted to find out about the bike, in particular,whether the tensioners had ever been changed. I started my quest by contacting the MoCo who advised me to contact the dealer who originally sold the bike (I had that info in the owners manual). I phoned the dealer, explained my situation, and even offered to pay them a small fee to research their data base. They said payment wasn't necessary, and got back to me a short time later saying they could find nothing. Truth be told, I found that hard to believe, since the bike had service records in the owners manual. Anyway, it turned out to be a dead end. Maybe you'll be more successful. Good luck.

if you have a owners manual, check out the back. checked mine, found the other owners name, phone number and address. After ten years the phone number was still good. found out all about bike. nice conversion also, along with a new friend.

Unfortunatly, I didn't get an owners manual for the bike. I'm kicking myself for not writing the previous owners name down before I registered the bike.

Got any cop friends? I know that may sound strange but they could run the VIN number through the state computers and give you the info you need, My brother is a detective and has done this for me in the past, Good Luck

Not what you asked for but; those black Heritages look just right - congrats on a beautiful ride!
WAP.gif

I went through a similar experience when I bought my bike used last year. The guy I was buying it from did his own oil changes, but used the dealer for everything else. He didn't keep receipts. He seemed like an honest guy, but I was just a bit nervous to spend the money without knowing for sure. He gave me the name of the dealer he used, but unfortunately it was a small dealer that had just lost their HD franchise and the shop was in a state of chaos. I checked with the dealer closer to me, and he said that each dealer keeps it's own records. I had them do a safety check on the bike for $35 and everything checked out fine and I bought the bike.

Back