free website stats program Out of the shed and into the garage | Harley Davidson Forums

Out of the shed and into the garage

EnjoyingTheRyde

The driveway is finally dry enough to move the bikes out of the shed and into the garage for a good going over. A quick two miles down the road for the first time this season... WOW... the fever is back... well it never really left. The best part is I have Wednesday and Thursday off with a forecast in the mid 50's...:D

I suppose I better get the wifes out too...

According to the Weather Channel, everywhere east of the Mississippi River
in the US is going to have warm, dry weather this coming weekend. Can't wait:bigsmiley11:

Weather has been GREAT this week down here in GA. Lows in the 40's and highs in the 60's. This weekend it is suppose to be in the 70's.

All I can say is you guys and gals up in the Northern-most reaches of our great country are truly HD diehard riders, you might tell us in the sunny parts of the country just how much snow you had, to help us visualize what it is like to have a "snowbound" bike stuck in the shed and not the garage... :newsmile08:

All I can say is you guys and gals up in the Northern-most reaches of our great country are truly HD diehard riders, you might tell us in the sunny parts of the country just how much snow you had, to help us visualize what it is like to have a "snowbound" bike stuck in the shed and not the garage... :newsmile08:

NEWHD74FAN... the problem I had was with the frost that settles into the ground during the cold months. When it thaws it makes the gravel driveway rather soft, it's what we call "mud season" here in Maine. We have other seasons also but we won't get into those. The snow thing varies from year to year, I think RichS and others down that way actually got more than we did this year. At our camp, about 2 hours northwest of where we live, we ended up with over 80" of snow this winter with 28.5" landing during the last week of February. Well as stated when I started this thread, it's my day off... time to get off the net and into the garage... a 50+ degree day on the way...:D Have a great day!

As I drove home from work yesterday I noticed ALOT of bikes cruising on the roads.......I think I'll join them today!

I noticed some bikes out in Whitehorse, Yukon at the beginning of March. I was tempted to get mine out, but it snowed the next day. And it's snowing again as I type. The local mountain passes got about 4 feet of the white stuff over the last week and a half. But it's supposed to get to the high 30's (F) towards the end of this week. I still have snow in my driveway, but the pad in front of the garage is shoveled off, bare and ready for the bike to sneak out of the shed and relax in the sunshine....when it appears.

Back