free website stats program Orange 'engine shaped' warning light | Harley Davidson Forums

Orange 'engine shaped' warning light

NeilP

I have not been able to find anythin related to this, but do not know what the warning light is called.
I have just had the bike a week, and do not recall seeing the light come on before.
It is a 2004 883 Sportster.
I have no manual for it, and so far have been unable to find one to download from the net.

When I first turn on the ignition and start the bike, an orange engine shaped warning light appears on the speedo, then dissapears.

Is this normal? and what does the light indicate?. I have seen a red oil can light, so assume that is an oil pressure warning light, and that goes out as soon as the engine is running, but the orange light takes a bit longer to go out.

Thanks

Neil

That would be the check engine light similar to your car wait for it to go out before u start her up if it stays on u will have a fault stored in the memory, Glider has tips on how to check this good luck hope this helps

Or Hobbit ,Forgot about your words of wisdom, I found a seat for my 07 Streetbob here in the states Remember u said the shipping would kill me u were right, JacK

Thanks to all of you, I have been down the farm to the workshop just now and run through the diag sequence, and no codes show, they all come up with NONE, so that is good news

That would be the check engine light similar to your car

Oh to own such a modern car...my good modern vehicle is a '82 Landcruiser :bigsmiley24:

I was not expecting all this modern electronic 'stuff' on a Harley, bit disappointed really

No excuses now! :D

I can find an excuse...you gotta pay for it...buying the bike, insurance, lid for the girlfriend etc has just cost me more in a month than I have spent in 8 months. So I will not be hitting the credit card again this month, if the original owner does not find me the manual by next month I will have to buy one, but for now I will hang on.

Thanks for all your help, at least now I can not worry about the orange light

Good 4 u get the manual as soon as u can afford it or were gona sic Glider on u LOL Jack

I will, I always feel lost without the correct manual.
If the old owner does not come up with the goods, I'll take Hobbit up on his offer.

Cheers
:cheers

Manual on the 07 states that the engine light goes out when the fuel pump has brought the fuel up to the proper pressure.To wait for that before you hit the start button

Oh dear..:(
fuel pump, diagnostics, electronic ignition modules and speedo, tacho etc etc,

give me a gravity fed carb, a set of points and a magneto any day....wonder if any one does a conversion kit to go back to points:33:

Back