free website stats program Options for detachable tour pack | Harley Davidson Forums

Options for detachable tour pack

BandT

so im exploring my options for a detachable tour pack for my 12 FLHTK. I wouldnt be taking it off and on a lot because my wife is pregnant so its really just me riding back and forth to work. However once the baby is born, momma is gonna want back on the bike pretty quickly and she likes the tour pack around her (false sense of security).Only thing is once i get it off im probably going to like it off and then its going to be going off and on all the time. So if ya'll were me what would you do? Take the tour pack completely off and leave it off. Or buy the 500.00+ dollar detachable tour pack kit from HD. It really pains me to drop that kinda cheddar but I can do it if i need to. Gimme some opinions.

I have done the whole conversion to my 2011 limited i feel it is worth the money to do the factory kit mine go's off and on in 5 min. and Harley make's every thing to do it with. you just need to find a savvy parts guy and if you can read you can do the job yourself.And i put the mustang solo seat on mine when the tour pac is off and the seat is on it make a very nice looking street glide 2 bike's for the price of one.

OLBill

The Q.D. docking kit was one of the first things I bought for my Electra Glide Classic, along with a Street Glide seat (you don't want that fat ugly back seat exposed). I took it off and on several times the first month or so. Now the only time it comes off is when I do a thorough detailing of the bike. I like the convenience of the tour pak too much.

The Q.D. docking kit was one of the first things I bought for my Electra Glide Classic, along with a Street Glide seat (you don't want that fat ugly back seat exposed). I took it off and on several times the first month or so. Now the only time it comes off is when I do a thorough detailing of the bike. I like the convenience of the tour pak too much.

any pics, im just trying to get an idea of what that looks like im probably going to go ahead and pull the trigger. what all am i going to need? im assuming the detachable kit and the antenna relocation kit right?

You need the docking kit and the detachable tour pak rack. I think the antenna relocation kit is ridiculously overpriced. I bought a $29 hidden antenna at the local auto parts for inside my fairing when I remove the T.P., and use the whip antenna on the T.P. when on a trip (I have a "Y" connector in the fairing for 2 antenna cables).
Here's a pic w/o the T.P., with short windshield and Street Glide seat.

Attachments

• left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 75
  • new04.jpg
    new04.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 75
Once you get the quick disconnect kit on, you can also add the Street Glide tail light assembly to relocate the license plate below the light and get rid of the big bar turn signals
/Users/dan/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/2010-04-21/IMG00039-20100421-1433.jpg

Mine looks like breeze cat's only it is black and i remounted the antenna's when i have the tour PAC on i use the whips and when i have it off i have the shorty's on so i don't get my big feet tangled up in then when i git on it.I will have to take a picture of it i been to busy riding and don't have any.

OLBill

i have also been thinking about this too for the same reason. the wife doesnt ride often but likes the back rest and when she rides we need the tour pak to carry all her junk.

Back