free website stats program Opinions/Options regarding touring seats | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions/Options regarding touring seats

aspybay

I'm looking for some advice....I currently have a stock seat on my 09 Ultra Classic and am considering replacing it. I would like to find something that is a little lower but everytime I check out a seat online, the seat moves you either forward or rearward. None of the H-D seats that are lower then stock keeps you in the same position front to rear. I don't want to be any closer to the bars...(handle bars that is) and if I am moved to the rear, I will give up space for my wife. I am usually riding two-up about 90% of the time. Simply put, I would like a lower seat that can accomodate the H-D backrest but NOT move you front or rearwards......Opinions??? Thanx in advance.

Aspybay

have a friend in ontario who had an '09 and the seat was too high for him. seems they replaced his seat in '10 or '11 with a factory seat lower than the original. he just bought a '12 ultra and it had a lower seat. he is about 5'9''.
check out the dealership and sit on a newer bike and see if it close to what you want, jmho.

Thanx for the info, I have tried the seat on a '10and '11 and did find it a little narrower but the height seemed the same. Been in contact with MCC and described what I am looking for, waiting for a quote...will let you know what I decide. I like the idea of the memory foam swap also they can add a gel pack the the passenger seat without changing the height back there....the misses will like that.....

Let us know if you send to MCC. I had one done for my Deuce, I thought it was a waste of money. :small3d002:

Sorry to hear that. I've got no "horse in this race" as far as MCC but that's the first negative comment I've ever heard about them.

What specifically were you trying to change about your seat and why are you unhappy?

Sorry to hear that. I've got no "horse in this race" as far as MCC but that's the first negative comment I've ever heard about them.

What specifically were you trying to change about your seat and why are you unhappy?

+1. All the comments I have heard or read about MCC have been almost OTT about results and customer service. I have a seat in their production line now; I will certainly post the results and an opinion after the breakin period.

Back