free website stats program Opinions on tyres | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions on tyres

DavidH89

I have to replace both tyres on my 06 model Street Rod and am looking for some suggestions/advice on what brand to chose.

I have been told that the original Dunlops are not great and that Metzlers would be better. Bearing in mind I live in cold and damp Ireland, does anyone have and suggestions or experiences with different brands. What tures are best?

Thanks all.

I have replaced my OEM Dunlops twice with OEM Dunlops. No complaints with 10k on rear and 20K on front. Never slide out from under me.

I have to replace both tyres on my 06 model Street Rod and am looking for some suggestions/advice on what brand to chose.

I have been told that the original Dunlops are not great and that Metzlers would be better. Bearing in mind I live in cold and damp Ireland, does anyone have and suggestions or experiences with different brands. What tures are best?

Thanks all.

check out the forum here --- there is alot of info. on this subject.

Most Vroders seem to like the Avon Venom they seem to handle the road a little better dry or wet.

Thanks for the thoughts on various tyres. Think I'll check out the Avons and Bridgestones as suggested. See which represents best value.

Back