free website stats program Open Primary | Harley Davidson Forums

Open Primary

90FXRS

Contributor
Now that the Baker OD6 is installed I'm looking at something else. A winter project of sorts. What are the pros and cons of an open primary? The concept is definitely an eye-catcher. The one thing that comes to mind.......I remember when I was a kid and getting my pants caught in the chain of my bicycle. I would think that would be a ZERO on the fun scale with a motorcycle.

talked to a guy who changed out his open primary back to original. said he had repaired it 3 times due to road debris being picked up. just what i heard don't know about others there is a lot of them out there

talked to a guy who changed out his open primary back to original. said he had repaired it 3 times due to road debris being picked up. just what i heard don't know about others there is a lot of them out there

Wouldn't happen to recall what brand he had do you?

My wife's nephew (by a previous marriage) has a custom shop and I've seen some open belt primarys at his place. Asked him why folks would want to risk catching their pants in that. He said it's less maintenance and a little better performance, but it is dangerous depending on what type of pants you wear. Said one guy he knew nearly lost his foot.

Back