free website stats program Online Tires | Harley Davidson Forums

Online Tires

Burgundy9

Anyone purchased tires through Kirk or the Superstore? Also, used the Superstore's "preferred installer" program?

They are both more than half of what the dealership quoted. But, am I going to get hit with hidden fees for installation/mounting? I'm guessing I should also purchase a new tube for my laced front wheel?

Anyone purchased tires through Kirk or the Superstore? Also, used the Superstore's "preferred installer" program?

They are both more than half of what the dealership quoted. But, am I going to get hit with hidden fees for installation/mounting? I'm guessing I should also purchase a new tube for my laced front wheel?

Dennis Kirk claims to beat any advertised tire price, I have always purchased tires from TCHD in Minnesota and got good deals JMO

First off, yes, go ahead and get the new rim strip while its all apart! Is there a Cycle Gear store near you? They are very reasonably priced for mounting if you bring them the wheel off the bike. You didn't mention if you were going to do the wheel install. If not, I would be pretty sure the dealer/indy is going need to make something off you for their time.

On line tires are fine. I have bought tires that way for years. Just call around and see if local bike shop will mount them. Some will say no. Always replace tube and rim strip in spoke wheels. If you want to save even more just remove wheel and carry wheel and tire in. Mounting is usually about $30.00 plus weights and disposal of old tire...

I have used Kirk for some things but believe all my tires have been from Superstore. No issues with either company.

I have bought several Dunlops from Mcy. Superstore. The oldest date code I received was 9 months, which I think is very good. Call around to several indy and metric shops in your area. Their attitudes vary greatly. In my area, I pay around $25 for mount and balance. I bring the wheel to them.

I have used the Motorcycle Superstore and was very happy with their service. I received exactly what I ordered and the tires were at the house in like 2 days.. I did not use their installer program.

+1 on Jake Wilson...usually have the tires in 2-3 days. Mount them myself usually but have also had the local Honda shop do a couple...$20.00 & $3.00 for a new valvestem and tire disposal, if you arry the tire/wheel in.

Back