free website stats program On of them North TX Days | Harley Davidson Forums

On of them North TX Days

rusntx

Ever have days when you question your sanity as it relates riding a motorcycle... Today was one them for me here in HOT north TX. I have a 30 minute ride from home to church on secondary roads. Twice on my ride to church I had to take immediate evasive actions to avoid running into cars that pulled out directly in front of me. They were both totally oblivious to my presence even with 3 day-makers shining at them. The same thing happened on my way home but "only" once...really... only once is too much. Seems it is getting worse in this area (Fort Worth) as the population swells and distracted driving trends grow. This is almost becoming the norm...not good. I was happy to make it home in one piece today! Be careful out there...

Ever have days when you question your sanity as it relates riding a motorcycle... Today was one them for me here in HOT north TX. I have a 30 minute ride from home to church on secondary roads. Twice on my ride to church I had to take immediate evasive actions to avoid running into cars that pulled out directly in front of me. They were both totally oblivious to my presence even with 3 day-makers shining at them. The same thing happened on my way home but "only" once...really... only once is too much. Seems it is getting worse in this area (Fort Worth) as the population swells and distracted driving trends grow. This is almost becoming the norm...not good. I was happy to make it home in one piece today! Be careful out there...

Yes, I question the other driver's sanity more than mine.
Coming back from the island, the road opens to 4 lanes, saw a car sitting on the opposite inside lane to make a yo-yo onto my side, I slowed down and moved over to the rightmost lane he turned right when I approached him into my lane. hard on the brakes had to leave the road to avoid him. About 100 yards up sat a state trooper who saw the whole thing, he blue-lighted the car, yes there is justice sometimes. Be careful out there!

I was riding on a country road ,approaching a bridge.A Young man was in a car with His left turn signal on.He gave Me "the peace sign" and pulled a U turn right in front of Me.Killed the engine ,in My "panic stop"to the side of the road.Looked up and He seemed to be oblivious to the whole thing.Riding or driving is more and more a case of trying not to be killed!

I was behind a lady in a mini van just a few days ago.A pedestrian is waiting to cross,she waves him on,and then hits the guy.I was waiting for her to take off,so I got the plate number.She got out and tended to him,I pulled over and dialed 911.Then when I heard the sirens and saw the ambulance I left.UNBELIEVABLE!

Back