free website stats program Old time new owner. | Harley Davidson Forums

Old time new owner.

Daveg09

Picked up a 2009 XL1200C today with 12600 on it at the local Harley dealer. Last Harley I had was 15 years ago. A 1998 XL1200S model. Loved it but got sick of the hands and arms going to sleep. Promised myself I'd own another. For the last 10 years have put 53k on a C50 Suzuki. Great little bike but was time to go. Drove the Harley home 40 some miles and dang hands and arms didn't go to sleep. Love this scooter. Have to learn the servicing tricks on Harley's again. Need an owners manual and a service manual. Would appreciate any info on where to pick up a set. Guess that's about it guys look forward to spending some time on the forum. Thanks ahead of time for any and all info and help I get from yas. Daveg

Attachments

• 700x394.jpg
    700x394.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 16
Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Welcome to The Forum
#2 on checking Flea Bay for manuals

Welcome.......

from ME :D

SE corner of Az... Cool Warm then HOT here and NO Snow.....:small3d028:

I second Ebay on the manuals... I've seen them there...

20/50 Oil for engine and change at 3 to 5 thousand miles along with the CORRECT HD filter... I do change my Primary/Tranny (tranny and clutch live in the same OIL compartment)...
I DO use Formula+ from HD there...

Check engine oil level AFTER a ride (hot checked) as it MAY drain out from the High oil tank into the Sump of motor and show LOW... Starting it and NOT blipping the throttle and it will Idle fill back into the oil tank about 1 to 2 minutes...

On the oil filter NOT the one for twin cams but for SPORTSTERS... Using a TC oil filter will damage the motor... Lack of oil... Gotta be for the sport motor. :newsmile07:

signed....BUBBIE

Back