free website stats program Old Shovel Vin #s | Harley Davidson Forums

Old Shovel Vin #s

cowjammer

Fellows, I have a 79 shovel I am SlOWLY putting back on the road.
I just picked up a motor from a friend but I'm not sure what year for certain..
Also I dont know if I can use it on this build or not. Thats where Ya'll come in !
the vin is 2a10836H0 I think I narrowed it to an FL 1200 ?? and will that work in a Lowrider frame ? Thx for your help, Cowjammer

Fellows, I have a 79 shovel I am SlOWLY putting back on the road.
I just picked up a motor from a friend but I'm not sure what year for certain..
Also I dont know if I can use it on this build or not. Thats where Ya'll come in !
the vin is 2a10836H0 I think I narrowed it to an FL 1200 ?? and will that work in a Lowrider frame ? Thx for your help, Cowjammer

Quick heads up before you spend one dime on this make sure your are 100% sure what will be need to title it in your state and what kind of title it will be. Do not take anyones word for it. Have the state regs and law in hand.
Doing this type of build has gotten harder and in some places almost imposable.
Self help section has a VIN ID page in there good luck with it

Harley Davidson Community have a look here and Smitty is right with his info:s

Hey thx Smitty, I have already called DMV and I have ran both set of #'s by the police.
The frame and the motor are clean. Of course there from differant bikes. The DMV told me to build it and bring it down. Not real comfterable with that so I'm putting abandoned title request before I spend. Any one know if the fl motor will bolt in ?
Gotta take Queenie out to dinner but when I get back I'll use that link. I dig this site !

Hey thx Smitty, I have already called DMV and I have ran both set of #'s by the police.
The frame and the motor are clean. Of course there from differant bikes. The DMV told me to build it and bring it down. Not real comfterable with that so I'm putting abandoned title request before I spend. Any one know if the fl motor will bolt in ?
Gotta take Queenie out to dinner but when I get back I'll use that link. I dig this site !

Yep, it will but if I remember right the primaries are different:s

Back