free website stats program old Harleys | Harley Davidson Forums

old Harleys

I have a 1984 sportster 1000 that does not run but will with some minor work. Needs ign. system, frame work, just a good bit of cosmedic, work.
Have a 1975 FLH 1200 I restored one time and now it needs a lot of repair, ing. system, brakes charging system, carb, etc., but engine is good.
What would you say they would be worty each? Any Ideas?

having been on the look out for a rebuildable for a time, heres my opinion
It sounds like the 84 is a parts bike, non running motor,frame work, ign system etc. $$$
The 75 on the other hand should be worth a few bucks. Pics and more details would help
Or just stick them on ebay for best offer and see what happens

Well i sold a 75 flh last year all stock rebiult engine 6,500.00 sight unseen 4000.0. Sporty2,500.00 - 4,000.00. If running its a big +.....my 2cents....

I have a 1984 sportster 1000 that does not run but will with some minor work. Needs ign. system, frame work, just a good bit of cosmedic, work.
Have a 1975 FLH 1200 I restored one time and now it needs a lot of repair, ing. system, brakes charging system, carb, etc., but engine is good.
What would you say they would be worty each? Any Ideas?

May depend on where you are. I watch Craigslist for Shovelheads and older Sportsters(looking for one for my son).

You can buy a running older Sporters for 2500.00 pretty easy. So with yours not running. You could sell it for 2000.00

The ElectraGlide Without seeing it. Assuming you have the bags/tourpak/ fairing. Needing work 3K to 4500.00. Just my opnion.

I will give you an example. I have a friend selling a 1982 Low Rider, just needs cleaned up. Runs and Rides Good. He i asking 4500.00. It's a good running bike. "See Picture"

He has had it for sale for a month or so. I would have thought it would sell quick.

THIS ARE ALL MY OPINIONS (No insults intended)

By The Way- I go down to Slyvainia twice a year to the Koyo Plant(formely Timken, formerly Torrington)

Attachments

• Al's Lowriderweb 002.jpg
    Al's Lowriderweb 002.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 33
Back