free website stats program Okay, yet another internal wiring thread (hopefully my last) | Harley Davidson Forums

Okay, yet another internal wiring thread (hopefully my last)

DelawhereNightsterGuy

I just got my Biltwell Clubman's yesterday, and I'm going to install and wire them this weekend... :naughty
A few final questions before I dive in though... :newsmile058:

1. What diameter hole should I drill for each side?

2. Where does each side-hole go? I've heard directly under the controls themselves but I want to make sure before I drill them...

Thanks in advance... :newsmile106:

what diameter are the bars? assuming 1" drill the smallest hole you can get away with, also drill it pointing twoards the center at the controls and to the end at the center, to get a elliptical hole (wow big words lol) then with a jeweller or key hole file smooth the holes to remove rough edges. make sure they are covered full with a sheath or shrink wrap as they come out the holes.
i would go under the controls as in front will not allow them to grip the bar

Can this be done with any bars, or are there special heavy gauge ones for it?

I'd like drag bars on my bike, which I can make myself from 1" stainless tube, to any simple design, width etc but I'd need the grooves for wiring, unless I drilled 'em.

can be done with more less any bar

No need to make any now, as I just won two sets of bars off Ebay this morning. One pair of Harley drag bars, and one pair of superbike type bars, plus some 5" risers. Looks like I'll have some fun deciding exactly what combination to fit when I get home. :naughty

Back