free website stats program Oil temp gauge | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil temp gauge

sprich01

I installed an oil temp gauge in my CVO to replace the worthless air temp gauge. The issue I have is it doesn't light up like the other gauges. Anyone else have this issue? If so how did you resolve? If you used a different manufacturers gauge please paste a link. Any help is much appreciated.

I have the same issue with mine. I still haven't had the fairing off again yet, but I figured if I took the bulb out of the air temp gauge and replaced the one in the oil gauge with it, it should light up the same. Beyond that, I would like to know too!!!

I used the H.D guage and used the same bulb as the air temp. guage and had no problem ??? :bigsmiley12:

I also upgraded to the 80-100 bulb and put in new speakers at the same time.. love both the new guage and light and the speakers...I getting pretty good at taking the fairing off now.. I hope I don't have to do it again...:s

I tried the bulb out of the other gauge and it didn't seem to do the trick. Maybe it was too bright to tell. I will swap out the bulb again and given it a go. All I have right now at night is a red glow around the outer edge of the gauge meaning it's useless at night. Hope the other bulb lights everything up like the other gauges. I am a bit disappointed in HD releasing a part like this that requires messing with to get it to function as it should right out of the box.

So those of you that switched out the bulbs at night you see your gauge numbers and everything as the other gauges now?

I just installed a silver faced oil temp gauge and the lighting stinks. I think its a bad gauge design. after comparing the standard gauges and the oil temp gauge, I first noticed a change in bezel design, (all of the other gauges have a beveled edge close to the face, where the oil temp gauge is flat. This beveled edge has small holes around the perimeter of the inner circumference allowing more light in. Also the circuit board allows light to leak out of the back of the gauge.

Has anyone had success with any attempts to fix this?

Back