free website stats program Oil Puking out of Air Filter | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Puking out of Air Filter

NYHarley

I have been searching thru the forum on this issue, but all I seem to find is the issue with the small oil drip. My issue is basically oil puking out of the air filter, enough to coat the side of the bike and my leg. Been trying to figure out this issue for a couple weeks now. The bike is not over filled with oil, I have replaced both breather valves / gaskets in the head. Not sure what to do next. Anybody have any ideas?

I have been searching thru the forum on this issue, but all I seem to find is the issue with the small oil drip. My issue is basically oil puking out of the air filter, enough to coat the side of the bike and my leg. Been trying to figure out this issue for a couple weeks now. The bike is not over filled with oil, I have replaced both breather valves / gaskets in the head. Not sure what to do next. Anybody have any ideas?

Is it definitely coming out of the crankcase vent through the breather? No chance it is the pushrod tube orings letting oil leak and get blown all over that side of the engine, AC, tranny, etc?

TQ

The Dealers response will be to upgrade the baking plate and air filter when realigning the oil pump should do the job:s

Jack - Re-Aligning the oil pump? Easy to do?

I forgot to add that we removed the valve covers to Powdercoat them, and after that we had the issue. Brand new breathers, and it is coming from the rear cylinder through the breather into the air filter, and then all over the place!

Jack - Re-Aligning the oil pump? Easy to do?

I forgot to add that we removed the valve covers to Powdercoat them, and after that we had the issue. Brand new breathers, and it is coming from the rear cylinder through the breather into the air filter, and then all over the place!

Harley Davidson Community Have a look here, if this is a TC motor, but some thing tells me there may be some thing wrong inside that rear rocker box maybe the breather valves?

I don't have a manual for the '07 Night Train but I do for '07 FLHTC.I was thinking there is a specific way the bottom gasket goes on top of the head to the bottom Rocker plate. If installed wrong the bolt holes still line up but open the umbrella breather channel.The book says that will cause oiling problems. You may want to recheck that gasket.Seems to me one side says front cyl.,flip it over and it says rear cly..Could be wrong on labeling.Getting old ya know(lol)
tourbox

I bought a new 2011 Sportster that began to leak oil from the rear cylinder with just 200 miles on it.
I took it to the dealer as it was under warranty.
They found the rocker gasket was installed up-side down and the rocker cover warped.
Replaced them both and oil leak fixed.

Ron
WAP.gif

Back