free website stats program oil pressure | Harley Davidson Forums

oil pressure

Hi
My 07 FLHX losses oil pressure after it warms up has new harley synthectic any ideas
Thanks Mark

How low , what oil are you using? Seems we have a lot of oil pressure related problems lately. If you can check pressure with a known good gauge such as a Snap On Master gauge and go from there JMO, have seen lots of bikes when hot running@ 10 -15 psi and run hard and long:s

My 09 FLHX pretty much sticks @ 30-32 PSI @ hwy speed & doesn't drop lower than that until throttle-down.

Are you using O.E. oil filter? O.E. will give you best service, not comfortable with aftermarket.

Like Jack says, you have to cross check you bikes gauge and sending unit against a quality mechanical gauge. Then you will have a reference point.

Both of mine go to about 10 pig when hot at idle. I can't see the add-on oil gauge on the RK when I'm moving. The gauge needles and dials on the ultra are too small to see as my eyes are vibrating along with everything else. That's the bad thing about gauges. Freaks you out when you see the actual pressures and temperatures. I guess that's why the RK comes stock with only idiot lights. HD says just ride the darn thing and if it blows up (unlikely), call a tow truck or a buddy with a trailer.

Mine has 45-50 psi when starting cold and drops to 32-35 psi while driving after it heats up. Idling when hot, 10-12 psi.

Back