free website stats program Oil on left floor board | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil on left floor board

ygrowup

Here is one for ya.....1994 Tour Glide Ultra Classic....I checked on it today and there is oil all over the left drivers floorboard. So I get down and look to see where it is coming from and the bottom of the gas tank is in front of the fuel petcock has oil dripping from it:panic. Any Ideas?

Does it have a gas smell to it? The reason I am asking is sometimes a small leak can develope and slowly wash out the sealant used on the petcock.

Here is one for ya.....1994 Tour Glide Ultra Classic....I checked on it today and there is oil all over the left drivers floorboard. So I get down and look to see where it is coming from and the bottom of the gas tank is in front of the fuel petcock has oil dripping from it:panic. Any Ideas?

Two things.

1. The EVOs have a built up valve cover. Check for a crack in the middle piece.
2. Did you wash it when it was HOT. If maybe, check for a warped top valve cover especially on the back of the front cylinder or front of the back cylinder.

TQ

The gasket between the head and the rocker box do start to leak, the stock gaskets are paper and the new replacements are metal, my EVO did the same thing. Good luck :57:

It has Screaming Eagle heads installed about 3000 miles ago. I'll check them out. Maybe just a re-torquing?
Thanks

Back