free website stats program oil level | Harley Davidson Forums

oil level

grtscot

hi could you please tell me where the oil level should read at when the bike is on the jiffy stand thank you.

On my RK and the Electra Glide that preceeded it, the dip stick attached to the oil filler cap has markings for "Add" and "Full". There are two different sets on the same side of the stick to be used depending on whether the motor is warm or cold. A warmed motor always gives more accurate readings.

John

I find that if you are below the full mark, and slightly above the half way mark [add / full ], on the jiffy stand, you will have less oil in the air filter

the dip stick is meant to read true while on the jiffy stand so if you have a warm engine it should read full

Check you manual to be sure, some recommend checking oil level on the jiffy stand, some say to stand bike up...varies from year to year as well as model to model.

I check level cold, on the jiffy stand, level is just above the add mark...

Check you manual to be sure, some recommend checking oil level on the jiffy stand, some say to stand bike up...varies from year to year as well as model to model.

I check level cold, on the jiffy stand, level is just above the add mark...

Mine reads the same on jiffy stand

hi could you please tell me where the oil level should read at when the bike is on the jiffy stand thank you.

I have an '03 FLHTCUI (Ultra). The engine oil is read on the jiffy stand when parked on a level surface with the oil hot (at operating temp). In this condition, the oil should be at the "Full" mark on the dipstick. I have found that this is approximately just above the halfway (between Full and Add) mark on the stick when cold. That is how I do a quick check periodically to make sure nothing has changed.

The tranny is checked upright. Again, the "Full" mark means when the gear lube is hot.

Best bet is to confirm the fluids checking procedure in your Owner's Manual or the HD Factory Service Manual covering your year.

TQ

Back