free website stats program Oil Leak | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Leak

BigG

Hello Folks. I need some advice. I recently had my FLSTCI 2003 twin cam 88 fitted witht the SE cam Chain and oil pump kit. Now I noticed more oil coming from my k&N stage 1 air filter. Also yesterday, my bike stalled when I pulled in the clutch after exiting the highway from about 60 mph. Any suggestions as to what to look for ?

Hello Folks. I need some advice. I recently had my FLSTCI 2003 twin cam 88 fitted witht the SE cam Chain and oil pump kit. Now I noticed more oil coming from my k&N stage 1 air filter. Also yesterday, my bike stalled when I pulled in the clutch after exiting the highway from about 60 mph. Any suggestions as to what to look for ?
Harley Davidson Community also check the self help section for oil pump alignment
Harley Davidson Community

More Details. The oil is red like the oil I use from the K&N filter recharge. The bike will idle at a very low RPM sometimes and sometimes stall.

More Details. The oil is red like the oil I use from the K&N filter recharge. The bike will idle at a very low RPM sometimes and sometimes stall.

Was the air filter cleaned and oiled when they changed the chain?

No I did it after about 1100 miles after receiving the bike back from the new cams and SE Cam plate/chain change.

When the bike wants to stall, let it, then let it sit for a minute or so and check your oil level. If its down some from were it should be your engine may be sumping the oil which may be an indication the oil pump needs alignment. Engine may be stalling due to excess oil in the crankcase.

That sounds logical. I will give it a try. We experience the same thing in the jet engine business. Thanks

Back