free website stats program Oil leak from my new 12" progressive chrome shock | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil leak from my new 12" progressive chrome shock

shrini23

Hi I've a 2009 FXDC. I recently removed the stock 12.6" rear shock to a progressive 412 series 12" shock fully covered in chrome.

I just started noticing that when I start riding the oil slowly and steadily comes out of it and splashes to my belt guard a swing arm...

I'm planning to return this shocks over the weekend until i get a new one from progressive.
Since i'm riding currently with the new shocks will it be a life threating issue that oil is coming out of the rear shocks until I swap to my original shocks. Should I stop riding till then

If the oil is leaking from the internals of the shocks then you will get reduced damping or no damping at all. and the back end of your bike will become really unstable
best to get good shocks on as soon as possible as an uncontrollable bike can be lethal

Brian

thanks for the reply...I rode today from home to work its just 10 miles..i'll make sure i'll ride slowly and safely and park it...I pray that nothing will happen in the meantime

Back