free website stats program oil hose | Harley Davidson Forums

oil hose

bcclew

1976 harley 1200 flh amf changeing oil hoses i should have made a picture before i started one hose giving me a fit.looking at the oil pump lower left hose it says it goes to crankcase breather.i dont believe it has a breather?it looks like it goes to prim case?i have 3 hooked up ft chain oiler vent and return where does the 4 hose go it hard to see the back of prim case there was a two week lay off on working on this thats my prob.i have i up on jack still cant see much thanks for any help bcclew

Tourbox has you covered look here also
1216d1218907902-83-flh-need-oil-line-routing-diagram-oil-system.jpg

i have seen this dia.that lower left hose says crankcase breather i have the tanks off oil tank raised cant see where this hose goes.tryed to find a pic of back side of prim cover.to see fittings like i said i waited too long to get back at this job thanks for the help

i have seen this dia.that lower left hose says crankcase breather i have the tanks off oil tank raised cant see where this hose goes.tryed to find a pic of back side of prim cover.to see fittings like i said i waited too long to get back at this job thanks for the help
Your primary chain oiler hoses may have been shut off and rerouted

Looking at Jack's pic; # 4 line goes to a "T" on line # 3. That line goes to the top of the oil tank, behind the filler cap/filter. If there is no "T" on that line, # 3, then your primary has been converted to a Wet primary. Also look at the lower right hand side of the Inner Primary, at the back side very rear. That hose will be gone also if converted, it was the return line # 8 in Jack's post.
tourbox

Back