free website stats program Oil drain plug condition | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil drain plug condition

TQuentin1

Staff member
Tonight, I changed the oil in my engine after running about 70 miles since doing the roller chain conversion project. I wanted to get the old stuff out of there that had assembly lube introduced during the project. The engine oil had a total of 2,730 miles on it which is considerably less than I would usually go before changing the oil. But look at the photos of the magnetic oil drain plug below! Beautiful!!

Been using full synthetic 20W50 engine oil. Currently Amsoil, but switching back to Mobil 1 VTwin.

TQ

Attachments

• Engine oil drain plug-031609-1.JPG
    Engine oil drain plug-031609-1.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Engine oil drain plug-031609-3.jpg
    Engine oil drain plug-031609-3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Tonight, I changed the oil in my engine after running about 70 miles since doing the roller chain conversion project. I wanted to get the old stuff out of there that had assembly lube introduced during the project. The engine oil had a total of 2,730 miles on it which is considerably less than I would usually go before changing the oil. But look at the photos of the magnetic oil drain plug below! Beautiful!!

Been using full synthetic 20W50 engine oil. Currently Amsoil, but switching back to Mobil 1 VTwin.

TQ

Just curious TQ, I use Amsoil as well Why did you decide to go back to Mobil 1

BuffaloBILL

I needed an oil change down here in Florida, couldn't find any Amsoil so I went to Auto Zone and got Mobil V/T. I paid $10.50 a qt. I think I got ripped. I checked Walmart later and it was $8.50. I think I pay less for Amsoil at home in Canada.

Back