free website stats program Oil coolers | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil coolers

kemo

R.I.P
Just finished reading a good artical on oil coolers by Joe Minton in the Dec. 2008 Amerian Rider magazine. Just thought if you are thinking about a cooler you should have a look at it.

Nope but is similar. Basicaly he is saying you probably don't really need one but it sure don't hurt to have one. And he also said to run one with awith a thermostat. He also likes the stye with the turbulator because it mixes the warm and cold oil evenly.

Nope but is similar. Basicaly he is saying you probably don't really need one but it sure don't hurt to have one. And he also said to run one with awith a thermostat. He also likes the stye with the turbulator because it mixes the warm and cold oil evenly.

Your own circumstances (location, riding style) also play a big part in whether you should use one or not, IMO. I live in the Mojave Desert and wouldn't think about running without one on a daily basis, even using synthetic oil.

ill go the other way .. its air cooled with a super lean factory program ya need one .. funny one fo the articles i read tells ya to mount 2 10 rows because of the need to bleed off heat from the twin cam and esp the 96

Everyone has there own opinion nothing wrong with that.. just because it dont melt down instantly dont mean the heat isnt doing damage which it does .. Ive built and repaired many a air cooled engine heat ain't there friend Also unlike other versions of the Hd's dont forget oil is spraying the bottome of the pistons directly and picking up a lot of heat there

I installed one on my '09 FLHR after the 103" big bore kit and some chrome covers over the engine. The chrome covers interfere with heat dissipation; hopefully the cooler will help some.

Back