free website stats program oil cooler,oil temp gauge and air temp gauge | Harley Davidson Forums

oil cooler,oil temp gauge and air temp gauge

harleybyker1

just a comment and a question,why would harley install such a worthless device as a air temp gauge on there bikes?and why don't they just have a oil cooler on all their models?would that not make sense?and i don't think that would add too much to the price of a bike.

They do it this way so that you come back and buy the cooler and temp gauge and possibly have the dealer install it.:D

But it is so useful, if it has water drops on top of it it is raining. If it reads 60 it is cold once it gets above about 80 it always reads 130 so that means it is hot.
OK, maybe it is useless.

If they made standard every suggestion we have for gauges, seats, grips, windshields, etc. the bike would cost $5000 more than it does now and pretty much eliminate the huge aftermarket business that Harley and dozens of other companies enjoy.

just a comment and a question,why would harley install such a worthless device as a air temp gauge on there bikes?and why don't they just have a oil cooler on all their models?would that not make sense?and i don't think that would add too much to the price of a bike.

I was out on my bike last sunday it started to snow fairly heavily although the snow was melting as it hit the road air temp had dropped a fair bit during the time i had been riding but i didnt know by how much
so knowing the ambient air temp would have given me sufficient info on whether to ride on a wet road or if there was a chance of ice
i certainley wouldnt buy a car without one

Brian

As we "seasoned" Harley owners know. Purchasing the bike is only the Downpayment for what's to come.:small3d036:

As we "seasoned" Harley owners know. Purchasing the bike is only the Downpayment for what's to come.:small3d036:

So True. That's like saying... "Honey, if I buy that Harley, think of all the money we will save on Gas!":p

I was out on my bike last sunday it started to snow fairly heavily although the snow was melting as it hit the road air temp had dropped a fair bit during the time i had been riding but i didnt know by how much
so knowing the ambient air temp would have given me sufficient info on whether to ride on a wet road or if there was a chance of ice
i certainley wouldnt buy a car without one

Brian

Brian, I would agree if they were accurate. Mine certainly is not. It always reads hotter than it is. :s

Brian, I would agree if they were accurate. Mine certainly is not. It always reads hotter than it is. :s

perhaps but once you know how much its out it may give you the heads up on when things are going to get difficult
Having said that i dont really intend to ride in thoes conditions it was 7 deg c when i went out and a couple of hours later suddenly dropped to 1 deg c just above freezing point mid afternoon in the second half of april
it was a bit of a weather swing much later in the year than i had learned to expect

Brian

Back