free website stats program oil cooler help | Harley Davidson Forums

oil cooler help

hello everyone, have a problem with oil cooler installment. Ive attached a pic of problem. installed filter adapter but when i go to install filter i have switch in way of filter (bottom right on photo) cannot get filter straight to start threads. dont know what switch is, my knowledge of Harleys is limited......thanks

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 83
That's the short one. The long one is almost twice the length. Can you rotate the adapter a bit without loosing the gaskets that seal it? Generally the filter mounts are off centered on the pad for that reason.

there is a flange on backside of adapter, only can rotate a little bit, but i dont think rotating will help, what is switch anyway?

It's the crank sensor, they can be damaged real easy so don't hit it if you can help it.

Are you sure you mounted the adapter in the right position?

Who makes the cooler kit?

its the only position, like i said there is a flange off the backside of adapter that goes into oil return passage on stock filter mounting bracket

got it at harley shop kit #26082-05B oil cooler kit for touring models. here is a pic of adapter

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 51
It's the correct kit number for your bike. Fits 99-06.

How much is it off by when fitting the filter and what is interfering with the fit? It it the head of the sensor itself?

Back