free website stats program Oh no, another newbe | Harley Davidson Forums

Oh no, another newbe

3 weeks ago I decided to get my first HD street bike. I have been riding for going on 45 years. I have owned some Honda's and some Suzuki's. My first bike was a 1973 125 Rapido AMF Harley Davidson dirt bike. I never considered it a real HD because it was made in Italy.
I have owned in addition to the 125 some 360's, 750's and still have my Suzuki Intruder 1400 which will be up for sale this spring.
My new love is a 2013 Sportster 1200C she had 1048 original miles and some dog awful full size floorboards which came off after the drive home! She now has some HD mini floorboards, Vance & Hines straight shots, luggage rack, sissy bar w/backrest, new passenger pegs, hi-way bar, and all the love she can handle!
Her name is "Candy-O" mostly due to her color orange candy and one of my favorite bands from the 80's was The Cars (their 2nd album was Candy-O).
I also enjoy Drumming when the weather is not right for riding. My drums are electronic and I have a full sound / recording studio in my home with guitars, mics, lights, and DJ console. My wife (Filipino) plays guitar and sings karaoke which allows me to take up so much space for the studio! She also likes to ride when the weather is perfect (80 and sunny) which hardly ever happens here in the Pacific Northwest.
Geeze, this got long! Sorry.
IMG_0069.jpg

Welcome from Georgia. Congratulations on your first Harley street bike, and a nice looking one it is. Enjoy it and ride safe.

lv0117-275072_2@2x.jpg Oh YES another newbie,yeah,I had a buddy who had a Baja HD think it was 100cc.more ground clearance than any bike I'd seen.Made at the Italian airplane factory.

This brings back memories of what I had and the taste of summer dirt in my mouth from all the times we went down together on the track. Those were the days!
hd125.jpg

Back