free website stats program Off throtle gurgle | Harley Davidson Forums

Off throtle gurgle

This is a 2007 883. it's a full stage one bike. V&H short shots Fuel pack ing. Hand built air cleaner bigger than anyone has seen. What I don't understand is why off throttle this motor will gurgle. As long as your into the throttle the block runs like a beast. It will pull the front off the ground if I hit second gear hard. But just above idle at road speed it seems to sound like an air plane about to crash. Is this normal? I wonder if it may be something in it's idle cur cit. If anybody knows please hit this back, in the 35 yrs. I have ridden HD's I have never heard a bike do this, I hope one of you boy's or girl's could answer this riddle? :newsmile040:

Hobbit, It';s at road speed, not into throttle, just off it

After market pipes and mufflers will do that. If you follow a bike with stock mufflers, you'll see the flame on decel also, just not a lot of noise because of the construction of the muffler.

On my 92 FLHS I had fishtail drags my buddies would not ride behind me at night because of the flames it would spit soooo I did some mods and took out some of the flames and the bike ran better too

Back