free website stats program Odometer Different after charging battery | Harley Davidson Forums

Odometer Different after charging battery

Bosshog

The other day I went for a ride , and when I got back I forgot to turn off the switch, I never do that. Well needless to say my battery went dead. After I charged the battery the odometer reading went from 17,000, to 29,000. is that normal, can that be reset?.........all I could say was (Edit)
Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure Glider will pop in with the answer, but it sounds to ME like a defective odometer, since they are supposed to hold the data in memory even if the battery is out of the bike.

I have had the speedometer off my 07 several times,once for over a week with no problem....:rider

I cannot do the math in my head but it almost looks like it is showing kilometers instead of mile.

Are you sure you weren't reading the trip odometer but even at that it shouldn't be higher than the actual miles on the unit.? The dealer can reset it but it may be a problem going backwards on the same unit for obvious reasons.

Actually I read it wrong. its not showing 29,000 its showing 290,000 miles when it really has 16,070

did you trickle charge it or put a hard charge? might have cooked a diode inside the speedo - try taking off the pos. side cable for a bit then hooking it back up.

Back