free website stats program Octane boosters on M8's? | Harley Davidson Forums

Octane boosters on M8's?

CRCKR

Do you guys use any octane boosters on your M8's? I have a bottle of Lucas octane boost sitting on a shelf and haven't tried it... just wondering if I might as well dump it into the truck.

I haven't tried Lucas octane boost....But I do use seafoam a few times a year @ 1oz per gallon of fuel and for winter storage too.

Read up on octane boost and how much it actually boosts your levels, It's a joke and not worth the money.

Read up on octane boost and how much it actually boosts your levels, It's a joke and not worth the money.

Thats kinda why it has been sitting on my shelf but I am not sure... I get the ethanol treatment if the bike is going to be sitting for a while.

I used to run 100 octane Low Lead Aviation fuel in a couple of my old shovels and a pan and they loved it...but they all had carburetors and manually adjusted timing.

Related, whenever possible I use 93 octane pure gas, no ethanol, and my bike seems to run cooler. It's about a 20 mile ride to get it, but what the heck I'm riding.

Not needed with the M8 engine
The knock sensors do a good job with the timing even with a lower grade of gas;)

Back